Moms work hard all year long, and this Sunday is the day to honor all her sacrifices. And we’re here to help! We’ve come up with the perfect itinerary to spend time with the mom in your life in Kendall Whittier all weekend long! This itinerary has all things that come together to make a memorable Mother’s Day weekend – local shopping, delicious food, colorful cocktails and even drag queens!
- May 7, 7-11 a.m. – Visit the Tulsa Farmers’ Market (the biggest one in the state!) for the best in local and organic produce, plants, herbs, baked goods, eggs, cheese, meat, crafts, music and fun! Starting at 9:30, take a break from shopping and join Be Love Yoga Studio at the east end of the market for a donation-based class. No need to book ahead, just bring your mat and your mom!
- May 7, 12-5 p.m. – Head to The Studio for their Mother’s Day Maker’s Market to shop 13 different makers and food vendors and enjoy live music from DJ Samuel Smith. Are you and your mom early risers? Get there at 8 a.m. for a donation-based yoga class with Shannon Wheeler!
- May 7, 12-5 p.m. – Another way to discover a ton of unique vendors all at once, it’s the KW Spring Pop-Up Crawl! This multi-location shopping event features 30+ local businesses that can be found at Flash Flood Print Studios, Anthousai Florals, Josh New Photography, Whitty Books, Addis Ceramics and Heirloom Rustic Ales.
- May 8, 10a.m.-2p.m. – Tulsa Farmers’ Market is celebrating their 25th season by dedicating an entire market to local artisans, small creative businesses, specialty prepared foods, flower growers and of course, farmers! The Second Sunday Arts & Eats Market is the perfect place to find a gift for a special occasion or for yourself!
- May 8, 12-3 p.m. – Enjoy a family friendly brunch on one of Tulsa’s best patios! Brunch Club at Mother Road Market is every Sunday and features different themes and activities. This Sunday’s Brunch Club is a Drag Brunch with Kiana Jade!
More to do with mom in KW!
- Sip mimosas at Bar 473, a historic Phillips 66 Station turned patio bar. Looking to be even more festive? Order a Chambong for just $4 because Happy Hour pricing is good all day on Sundays!
- Take in beautiful art and do a bit of shopping at Curations by Gilcrease Museum located at the Shops at Mother Road Market.
- Book facials at Fresh Skin Spa at the Campbell Hotel. There’s nothing more bonding than a Mask with Mom!
- Desserts are the key to anyone’s heart! Stop by Pancho Anaya Bakery, a fifth generation family-owned bakery that has delicious Mexican pastries and desserts.
- Take photos in front of the “Selfie Wall,” a mural by Ghazal Ghazi, next to Jo and June Vintage. Tag #KendallWhittierWalls when you post it!
- Catch a film at Circle Cinema, Tulsa’s oldest & only nonprofit theater. With 16 showtimes from 11:30 a.m. to 7:50 p.m. on Sunday, you’re sure to be able to find a time that fits your schedule!
- Shop til you drop! If you haven’t had enough shopping yet, several locally-owned shops are open on Sunday. Stop by Whitty Books, Anthousai Floral Design and Jo and June Vintage in Whittier Square or hop in your car to visit Eleanor’s Bookshop and Mythic City over at the Shops at Mother Road Market.
Still need gift ideas?
Go to visitKendallWhittier.com/shopandplay for a list of Kendall Whittier businesses your mom is sure to love!