The chosen artists for each wall will be painting during the month of May.
Kendall Whittier Walls, presented by Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, is a collaboration aiming to create vibrant places, attractive destinations, and civic pride through public art in Kendall Whittier. The program is in the process of funding the creation of five murals throughout the Kendall Whittier neighborhood through a competitive grant process. Monday morning, the initiative took another step forward as the program announced the wall locations and assigned artist to each location. The artists were selected during a pre-qualified selection process in March. The wall locations and corresponding artists are as follows:
- Ziegler Wall (6 N. Lewis Ave.) – John Hammer of Claremore, OK – www.thehammerstudio.com
- Selfie Wall (2411 E. Admiral Blvd.) – Ghazal Ghazi (ZYNB) of Tulsa, OK – @ZYNB.Graffiti
- Bearden Wall (2424 E. 11th St.) – Brady Scott of Hutchinson, KS – @bradycreative | www.bscottart.com
- ABCO Wall (2033 E. 11th St.) – Brady Scott of Hutchinson, KS – @bradycreative | www.bscottart.com
- Route 66 Wall (1906 E 11th St.) – Phil Shafer (Sike Style) of Kansas City, MO – www.sikestyle.com
About Kendall Whittier Main Street
Kendall Whittier Main Street was founded in 2010 to promote and restore Kendall Whittier as a thriving, walkable and welcoming community for living and working. KWMS is one of 32 Main Street programs in the state of Oklahoma and among the approximately 1,000 programs nationwide accredited by the National Main Street Center.
About Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation
Founded in 1997 by Bill Lobeck and Kathy Taylor, the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation (LTFF) has grown into a second generation investment in making Tulsa an innovative, collaborative and thriving city. Under the leadership of CEO Elizabeth Frame Ellison, LTFF aims to decrease the barriers associated with Tulsans achieving their goals. LTFF supports the entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystems in Tulsa through its owned-and-operated programs including Kitchen 66, Kiva Tulsa, Mother Road Market and Tulsa StartUp Series, as well as through grants to organizations including 36 Degrees North, Tulsa Area United Way Social Innovation Grants, SCORE, Sustainable Tulsa, T-Town Tacos and many more. For more information about LTFF, visit www.lobecktaylor.com.